What We Do
LECNA’s outreach and support for Lutheran higher education takes a variety of forms.
- Sponsors an annual meeting for Lutheran college and university presidents and church higher education leaders
- Promotes and strengthens the relationship between Lutheran colleges and universities and Lutheran church congregations
- Conducts collaborative research to assess the educational effectiveness of Lutheran colleges and universities in comparison to other sectors of higher education
- Facilitates communication with and between Lutheran colleges and universities and church leaders by the publication of the online Lutheran Higher Education Directory
- Represents Lutheran higher education in the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., as a member of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU), Secretariat
- Supplies a common information request form for prospective students and parents
- Provides a centralized source of information about Lutheran higher education through our website
Why We Matter
In addition to the initiatives listed above, LECNA has also completed other major projects on behalf of Lutheran higher education.
- In two previous and highly successful “Reclaiming Lutheran Students” initiative grants, LECNA and its member colleges built the infrastructure of a category-wide marketing campaign for Lutheran colleges
- The comparative alumni study has become a national model for collaborative outcomes research within higher education, and one of the most effective and successful pan-Lutheran efforts
- LECNA publishes an online member directory