Support Students in Your Community or Church
Support comes in many forms. LECNA has a long history of partnering with congregations and their members to provide students with the information they need to make informed college decisions. Every effort can be pivotal in a person’s path to choosing a college.
WAYS TO HELP
- Incorporate a link to www.lutherancolleges.org on your congregational website.
- Provide prayer support.
- Display college brochures/materials in the youth area. Request pennants from colleges/universities to display in the youth room.
- Organize a bus trip/tour of area Lutheran colleges/universities.
- Consider taking a confirmation group to a Lutheran college or university for a retreat.
- Establish a scholarship fund for those students planning to attend a Lutheran college or university.
- Invite former members of the youth group who are currently at a Lutheran college or university to come back and speak about their experiences during Sunday worship.
- Invite Lutheran college or university music ensembles (brass, woodwind, string quintet/quartet, choir or other instrumental ensemble) to perform at your congregation.
- Bring a youth group to a Lutheran youth gathering and encourage students to visit the college/university section of the interaction center.
- Coordinate a college planning/financial aid session for a Sunday forum to reach out to parents.